Yoga for the First Time- Year in Review

A year ago today on May 26th’2016, I started something brand new for the first time and that was yoga! Last year the first yoga class I took was at Laughing Elephant Yoga and the class  “Basic Yoga Beginner”. When starting out I didn’t know what to expect from a yoga class or if I would even like it, but boy was I wrong I have fallen in love with yoga and enjoy learning new yoga poses, like downward dog, tree pose, and warrior poses.












These days I try to do yoga at least 3 times a week if I’m lucky either at Yoga with Brenda or at Laughing Elephant. So far Yoga has taught me to unplug for an hour or so and have time for me and unplugging for me is hard when you're in the media. The Yoga has also challenged me in many different ways it has helped me come out of my comfort zone and over the past year I have meet many new amazing people that I practice with. Some of the yoga classes I have taken are Basic Yoga 
Beginner, Gentle flow, Funky flow, Strong flow and Vinyasa yoga.  What I like about yoga is that you can go at your own pace and nobody judges.








During yoga the thing that I still find the hardest is remembering to breathe, I find myself holding my breath and focusing more on the yoga poses. Yoga has been very helpful to me with my stress and anxiety.  Also the private yoga lessons that I take at Yoga with Brenda have helped me with my balance and flexibility.





Thanks for reading – Namaste
Bethany 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Police K'9"s

Yoga Series for Weeks 4 &5